production office coordinator (full time)
Firelight Media is a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing emerging documentary filmmakers who tell stories about people, places, cultures and issues that are underrepresented in the mainstream media, and to developing audiences for their work. Firelight’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, a flagship mentorship program that seeks out and develops emerging diverse filmmakers, and the Impact & Engagement Lab, which harnesses the power of documentaries to educate, motivate and inspire diverse audiences through strategic partnerships, powerful events, online engagement and training for organizers.
Our sister organization, Firelight Films, is award-winning filmmaker Stanley Nelson’s film production company. Recent projects include: The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution, Through The Fire: The Legacy of Barack Obama, and Tell Them We Are Rising: The Story of Black Colleges and Universities, among many others.
Firelight Media’s Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the organization and two office spaces. The Office Coordinator is a key position promoting staff and office cohesion. S/he must be able to work closely with all staff to promote an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes cooperation and teamwork. S/he should be energetic and eager to discover and invent solutions to substantive, administrative and operational challenges. S/he should possess good judgment as well as a sense of humor and patience to troubleshoot ideas so they can thrive in a small but growing organization and be able to problem solve in a fast paced environment with several demands. Personal alignment with the mission and goals of the organization is essential.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Answering and screening incoming calls
● Manage all visitor access, front desk coverage and act as a point person for all guests, employees and visiting staff
● Daily interaction with executive leadership and supporting teams
● Work with the facilities manager and property management/maintenance to ensure facilities issues are reported and addressed in a timely manner
● Manage all mail and deliveries and their distribution, including the maintenance of postage machine and courier accounts
● Maintaining digital and physical files and department planning calendars
● Preparing local, domestic, and international travel as well as travel Itineraries (flight, lodging, transportation, meeting agendas, etc.)
● Inventory management of supply closets and storage areas
● Coordinate with production manager and HR for space planning, office
refurbishment and on/off-boarding of new employees and projects
● Manage booking of conference rooms and organize logistics for meeting,
monitor common space usage and all office events including, but not limited to,
menus + A/V(special events/holiday parties/luncheons/trainings)
● Assist with gathering and printing agendas for internal meetings
● Communicate office announcements and updates via our internal digital
● Resolving issues directly by coordinating with vendors, technicians and contractors and make necessary repairs
● Manage office supplies/replenishment, mailing, shipping, catering and maintain cleanliness of all office areas including kitchen, bathroom and common areas
● Maintain knowledge of technological developments in equipment, applications, products, techniques and processes applicable to the facilities and office infrastructure
● 5+ years administrative experience required and prior work in the arts, social justice, or other not-for-profit organizations
● Ability to maintain prompt, clear and professional service for all internal and
● Excellent computer skills and expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google suite of apps
● Strong attention to detail, works well under pressure; excellent communicator with efficient time management skills
● Excellent with IT, database software, troubleshooting equipment, Internet conferencing platforms
● Familiarity with filmmaking equipment (i.e. cameras, tripods, recorders, computers, drives, etc)
● Ability to work occasional evenings as necessary for off hours work
● Ability to think outside the box, on your toes, under pressure
We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please be sure to put “Production Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
Firelight Media is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.