executive assistant (full time)
Firelight Media is a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing emerging documentary filmmakers who tell stories about people, places, cultures and issues that are underrepresented in the mainstream media, and to developing audiences for their work. Firelight’s key programs include the Documentary Lab, which mentors emerging filmmakers, and the Community Engagement Program, which develops materials and builds relationships between media makers and community and advocacy organizations.
Firelight Media’s Executive Assistant will provide executive-level support to the Executive Staff at Firelight Media. The ideal candidate will be: well-organized, efficient, flexible, self-motivated, proactive, works well under pressure and deadlines, and a concise communicator. S/he should possess good judgment as well as a sense of humor and thrive in a small but growing organization. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Conducting daily check-ins with Executive Staff to assess daily priorities and/or time sensitive matters
● Maintaining supervisors’ calendar, including planning and organizing meetings
● Organizing travel and preparing travel itineraries
● Answering and screening incoming calls
● Attending meetings and events on supervisors’ behalf
● Reading, monitoring and responding to email and regular mail, including requests from partners, vendors, organizations, etc.
● Preparing documents for meetings and writing minutes in meetings
● Planning, organizing and managing events
● Managing and maintaining filing and office systems
● Drafting communications on supervisors’ behalf
● Delegating work in supervisor’s absence
● Organizing supervisors’ receipts and reconciling monthly expenses
● Running errands (ex. restocking, order pick-ups, etc)
● Act as liaison, alongside Production Office Coordinator, for intern program
● Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years administrative experience required
● Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite of Apps
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and backgrounds
● Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, great organization and a high attention to detail
● Ability to work independently, and proactively, in anticipation of problems before they arise
● Tech savvy with knowledge of latest tools/apps to optimize productivity of small businesses or the aptitude to learn them
● Strong sense of urgency, dedication, and a passion for results
● Being creative, personable and outgoing; in an effort to maintain office morale and team culture is a plus
● Prior work in the arts, social justice, or other notforprofit organizations also a plus
Interested candidates should forward resume, salary requirements and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Firelight Media is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.